CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP
This recipe is a favorite in my home basically because it is quick to make, absolutely delicious and so versatile. The shrimp can be eaten alone or put on top of a salad or in lettuce wraps. Not only are they delicious, shrimp are also a great source of protein, selenium, copper, iodine and B12. And the cilantro and lime add antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins, and dietary fiber.
- 1 pound peeled jumbo shrimp
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Sea salt to taste
1.Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and shrimp and cook for approximately 2 minutes before flipping.
3. Cook shrimp until they are pink.
4. Mix the pan contents so that the shrimp are completely covered in oil and garlic.
5. Remove the shrimp from the pan and cover with lime juice.
6. Add the cilantro and sea salt to taste and toss well.
Recipe By Colleen Flynn
Colleen Flynn is a whole-food and wellness enthusiast. She has studied at the Nutrition Therapy Institute and is currently training at the Nutrition Therapy Association to become a nutrition therapy practitioner. Colleen believes that food should please your taste buds while nourishing your body. She creates simple recipes to help you integrate whole foods into your diet and experience the life-enhancing power of nutrition.